Joined the Board on January 10, 2018.
He is managing Director of Fauji Foundation, Fauji Oil Terminal & Distribution Company Limited and also the Chairman on the Board of the following:
He was commissioned in the Pakistan Army on 26 October 1979 with the coveted President’s Gold Medal. He has served on various command, staff and instructional assignments. He received an early exposure of secondment in Saudi Arabian Armed Forces from 1983 to 1985. He is a graduate of US Army Artillery School, Fort Sill Oklahoma, Command and Staff College Camberley, UK, Armed Forces War College, National defense University (NDU) Islamabad and US Army War College, Carlise Barracks, Pennsylvania. He holds Masters degrees in War Studies from Quaid-Azam University Islamabad and Strategic Studies from US Army War College USA. His assignments include command of a brigade, division and Army Command. He has also held the prestigious appointments of Commandant Armed Forces War College, NDU, Islamabad and Chief of Logistics Staff at General Headquarters.
In recognition of his meritorious services he has been awarded Hilal-e- Imtiaz (Military).
Joined the Board on March 27, 2018
He is Chief Executive & Managing Director of Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited, FFC Energy Limited and Fauji Fresh n Freeze Limited and also holds directorship on the Boards of following:
He is Chairman of Sona Welfare Foundation (SWF) and Fertilizer Manufacturers of Pakistan Advisory Council (FMPAC) and member of the Board of Governors of Foundation University, Islamabad.
The General was commissioned in Pakistan Army in April 1977 with the coveted Sword of Honour. During his illustrious service in the Army, he had been employed on various prestigious command, staff and instructional assignments including command of a Strike Corps.
He is a graduate of Command and Staff College Quetta and National Defence University Islamabad. He also holds Master Degree in War Studies. He has served on the faculty of Command and Staff College Quetta and National Defence University Islamabad. Since his retirement, he is on the honorary faculty of renowned institutions including National Defence University as a senior mentor. The General possesses vast experience as adviser to the leading corporate entities.
He has been awarded Hilal-e-Imtiaz (Military) and is also the first Pakistan Army General who has been conferred upon the U.S ‘Legion of Merit’ by the U.S Government for his meritorious services as a senior representative at U.S CENTCOM in Tampa, Florida.
Joined the Board on October 03, 2013.
Joined Fauji Foundation in 1976 and is currently working as Director Finance. He has the honour of being member on Board of Directors of 20 Companies, he holds the following major positions:
He is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan and the Institute of Taxation Management of Pakistan.
He is a Chairman of the Audit Committee of FFFL.
Joined the Board on October 03, 2013.
Besides being Director Investment Fauji Foundation he is on the Board of following entities:
He is also a Board member of different public sector universities. He has conducted various academic courses on Economics, International Trade and Finance at reputable institutions of higher education in Pakistan. He is also a member of Pakistan Institute of Development Economics (PIDE).
He holds a Doctorate in Economics and has over 27 years of diversified domestic as well as international experience in the financial sector. He has vast experience in corporate governance, policy formulation and deployment, project appraisal, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, restructuring, and collaboration with donor agencies.
He is member of Audit Committee of FFFL.
Joined the Board on February 01, 2018
He is presently working as Director Welfare (Health), Fauji Foundation and also on the Board of Following entities:-
He was commissioned in the Army in October 1979 and is a Graduate of Command and Staff College Quetta and National Defence University, Islamabad. He also holds a Master’s Degree in War Studies from Quaid-e- Azam University.
He held various staff appointments include ADC with VCOAS, Platoon Commander Officer Training School Mangla, Battalion Commander Pakistan Military Academy, General Staff Officer at Corps Headquarters and Director Staff Duties in COAS Secretariat. He had commanded an Artillery Brigade in Field Command Northern Area along the Line of Control and Artillery Division. He also served as Director General in Inter Service Intelligence Islamabad and Director General National Guards at General Headquarters.
In recognition of his outstanding services, he was awarded Hilal-e- Imtiaz (Military).
He is Chairman of Technical Committee and Member of Audit Committee of FFFL.
Joined the Board on 26th December 2013.(1989-Present) Chief Executive/President: Farmers Associates Pakistan (FAP)
FAP is the largest and one of the most effective organization representing interests of the farming community. Membership representation is from all four provinces of Pakistan. · Current responsibilities include all organizational, financial and administrative matters. · Chaired and participated in numerous sub-committees on agricultural marketing, trade and policy making, corporate farming, water management etc. · Represented FAP as keynote speaker at seminars and conferences held in collaboration with the World Bank, Government of Pakistan, CIDA, Journalist Forums and various NGO’s. · Member of joint committees negotiating with agro-processing trade bodies such as APTMA, PSMA and LCCI (Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry).(2003-Present) Director: Agrimall (Pvt.) Ltd.
Founding Sponsor. Agrimall is a master franchise company dealing in agriculture inputs and farm services. Agrimall is a joint-venture between Pakistan State Oil, Ali Akbar Group and Afaq Tiwana. Agrimall is a one-stop farm service center, where farmers can obtain all their crop requirements including credit under one roof. Agrimall currently has 55 fully operational Franchises in the Punjab Province.(2000-Present) Member, Board of Directors Agriculture Linkages Program. Pakistan Agriculture Research Council.
· A USDA funded Endowment Fund for promotion of agriculture research managed by Pakistan Agriculture Research Council (PARC)(2004-Present) Member, Board of Directors Agriculture Linkages Program. University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
· A USDA funded Endowment Fund for promotion of Agriculture Education, Research and Technology Commercialization managed by University of Agriculture Faisalabad(2009– Present) Member, Board of Directors, Punjab Livestock and Dairy Development Board.
· Board set up by Government of Punjab. Organization undertakes projects and programs in the meat and milk sector in order to enhance production and productivity of the livestock sector in Punjab province.(2014– Present) Member Board of Directors and Advisor, Fauji Fresh n Freeze Pvt. Limited.
· A wholly owned subsidiary of Fauji Fertilizer Corporation. Company involved in the complete supply chain of Horticulture Products. Main area of operations includes Fruit and Vegetables IQF, Pulping, VHT, Frozen French Fries and Branded Fresh produce.(2014– Present) Chairman, Agriculture Sector Board, Board of Investment (BOI). Government of Pakistan.
Sector Board set up by BOI, to devise strategies and policies to enhance the investment climate within the Agriculture Sector.(2009 – 2011) Member, Prime Minister’s Committee on Agriculture
· Apex Agriculture Policy formulation body. Chairman of Sub-Committee on Agriculture Marketing and Processing.(2009 – 2011) Member, Board of Directors, Competitiveness Support Fund
· CSF is a company of Federal Ministry of Finance and funded by USAID. It is responsible for initiating projects and programs which enhance the competiveness of the national economy. · Chairman, Projects appraisal sub-committee(2002-2006) Chairman: Pakistan Horticulture Development & Export Board (PHDEB)
An Autonomous Organization of the Government of Pakistan, notified by the Ministry of Commerce. PHDEB has been established to vitalize the horticulture sector through integrated development and marketing initiatives. As Chairman main objective was to provide leadership and strategic direction to PHDEB at all levels of horticulture value chain with an objective to enhance national exports.(2005) - Delegate: Pakistan Delegation to the WTO Ministerial at Hong Kong, China.
(Representing the Agriculture Sector)(2003) - Adviser: Pakistan Delegation to the WTO Ministerial at Cancun, Mexico.
(Representing the Agriculture Sector)(1999-2002) - Member, Board of Directors: United Bank Limited (UBL)
· UBL is a leading bank of Pakistan. As member of BOD some of responsibilities included: · Policy decisions. Project approvals, Administrative and Regulatory oversight. · Represented Bank at various forums. · Chairman of the Agriculture Committee of Board, Member Audit Committee, and Member Finance Committee.(1999-2002) - Member, Economic Advisory Board: Ministry of Finance, Government of Pakistan
· The Board, chaired by Finance Minister, membership comprised of all economic ministries (Ministers and Secretaries) and other government agencies dealing with national economic matters. Sector wise representation from the private sector. · As a representative from the agriculture sector some of the responsibilities included formulation of agriculture policy and addressing and highlighting farmer related issues to the government. Initiated and helped formulate Corporate Agriculture Policy. Worked on getting it approved by Federal Cabinet. · Convener/Chairman of the sub-group on agriculture that comprised farmers, input suppliers, agro processors, provincial and federal government officials, traders, agriculture academia and researchers.
He is a member of the Technical Committee of FFFL
He Joined the Board of Fauji Fresh n Freeze Limited (FFFL) on 10 Jan 2014 to 25 Sep 2015 and rejoined the Board of FFFL on August 25, 2016. He is also Chief Financial Officer of Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited, FFC Energy Limited and Fauji Fresh n Freeze Limited. He is also serving as a Director on the Board of Askari General Insurance Company Limited.
He joined FFC in 1990 and has served as Group General Manager - Marketing prior to his appointment as CFO. During his career in FFC, he has worked at various key positions in Finance and Marketing Groups and has been actively involved in the strategic / financial planning of the Company. He also played an instrumental role in arrangement of syndicated debt for buyout of ex-Pak Saudi Fertilizer Limited, now FFC Plant-III.
Prior to joining FFC, he worked with Dowell Schlumberger (Western) S.A., an international oil service company and Attock Cement Pakistan Limited at senior finance positions.
He has undergone various professional trainings from Kellogg School of Business, Harvard Business School, Foster School of Business, Chicago Booth School of Business, Ross School of Business and Center for Creative Leadership Stanford Graduate School of Business, USA and IMD, Switzerland.
He is a Fellow member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan.